We continue to monitor and follow the latest COVID-19 recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Providing excellent patient care for those with dysphagia continues to be our top priority, and we are taking every precaution to make sure we are doing that safely. Sending your patients out of the facility for swallow studies during this time not only risks possible exposure to COVID-19, but can also result in a 14 day isolation period upon return, which can be a strain on facility resources. Our team has implemented protocols that are consistent with CDC guidelines in order for us to serve your patients in the comfort and safety of their own environment with only one point of contact.
We are taking every measure to ensure that your clinicians and patients, as well as our clinical staff remain healthy and safe during this time. Below are the extra infection prevention and control procedures we’ve put in place:
- All staff have completed a pandemic preparedness training
- All staff participate in daily temperature checks
- COVID-19 testing is completed for all staff per CMS guidelines (currently 2x/week)
- Immediate removal from clinical setting and mandatory quarantine period for any employee presenting with symptoms of COVID-19, who tests positive for COVID-19, or was exposed to a COVID-19 positive individual
- The following PPE is used for every FEES procedure: N95 or KN95 mask, isolation gown, head cover, eye protection, face shield and gloves
- All employees have completed training and competency for proper PPE donning, doffing and disposal
- Vigilant hand hygiene
- No use of aerosolizing sprays during FEES
- Maintain high level disinfection and cleaning protocol of all FEES equipment
- At time of scheduling, pre-screening of facility/patient’s COVID-19 status is completed
If you have any questions or would like a link to our webinar regarding what we are doing to safely provide FEES, please call 502.938.3337 or email us at Contact@SpeechandSwallowing.com.